A few weeks ago my roommate got me hooked to this handmade body butter cream. I have very sensitive skin and easily get allergic reactions. The idea of making an organic moisturizer where I would know every single ingredient that goes into it sounded amazing! I am not very good at following recipes so I was a little nervous when I made it for the first time. I was not sure how much work was involved. However, the fun of making something from scratch made the process feel easy.
With the holidays so close, I thought it would be a great idea to make a few batches of this cream to give away to friends and family for Christmas!
What you need:
You are also going to need a double boiler, and you can get it:
1 cup organic raw shea butter (solid)
1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
1/2 cup almond oil
15 drops of an essential oil of your choice, make sure it is skin friendly (I used Lavander)
This will make 2 1/2 to 3 cups whipped butter.
1. Melt coconut oil and shea butter in the top of a double boiler, until it melts completely. Remove from the heat and put it aside to cool for about 30 minutes.
2. once it cools, stir in almond oil and the essential oil of your choice.
3. Place the mixture in the freezer until it start to partially solidify.
4. Whip the mixture achieving a butter-like consistency.
5. Place in clean, glass jar, and enjoy!
Recipe was found via Rawmazing!